Guitar International magazine was launched in September 2009, with a rich array of news and information from the company’s previous magazine . The site is owned by the Guitar International Group, LLC, and features acoustic and guitar related interviews, reviews, news, contests, guitar lessons and an eStore of books for downloading to your iPad, Kindle, Nook or other digital reader.
Since our early beginnings in 2004, as Modern Guitars Magazine, we have offered our digital magazine in its entirety for free to our readers. We are the first professionally written web-based guitar magazine publisher that has offered its digital content, including all archives, to its readers at absolutely no cost.
Guitar International includes the following features:
- Interviews – offers professional musician and music industry interviews
- News – presents updated news of interest to guitar and music enthusiasts
- Reviews – helps introduce new CDs, DVDs, books and other new media to our readers
- Contests – CDs, DVDs, posters, guitars and other contests or giveaways
- Lessons – free guitar lessons and information
- Archives – All past articles, interviews and other news and information
- eStore – Our growing place to shop for ebooks, videos and more.
Guitar International is hosted by a “green” host server company that is supported by wind power generation out of Texas. We are continuing to seek ways where GI can reduce its carbon footprint and will benchmark for “best in class” websites that promote the use of low impact technologies and environmentally responsible actions.
GI readership has been gathering strength since mid-2009 and we are now enjoying a readership approaching. We have a Guitar International Magazine Facebook page, the GuitarInternational1 YouTube channel and we can be followed on Twitter.
Publisher/CEO – Rick Landers
Editor-in-Chief - Dr. Matthew Warnock (Senior Lecturer, University of Chester, U.K.)
Advertising Business Director – Vacant
Location: Reston, Virginia, USA
Contact us HERE.
Board of Advisors
- Anthony Gourdine (Little Anthony)
- Tish Ciravolo
- John Page
- Vieux Farka Toure’
- Dr. Robert Maurer
- Dr. Matt Warnock
- Scott Elliff
Web Design: YourTechie, LLC, Great Falls, Virginia
Senior Marketing Consultant: Christopher Davis
- Richard Aaron (Photography)
- Drew Amendola (Journalist/Reviews)
- Robert Cavuoto (Journalist – Photographer)
- Mike Davis (Mike Davis Photography)
- Debra Devi (Author; Journalist)
- Joerg Kliewe (Photojournalist – Germany)
- Robert Knight (Robert Knight Photography)
- William Clark (Journalist)
- Mike Oppenheim (Journalist – Thailand)
- Jim Bruce (Video Guitar Lessons/Instructor)
- Joseph A. Rosen (J.A. Rosen Photography)
- Steven Rosen (Journalist)
- Craig Hunter Ross (Journalist; Photographer)
- Mike Shea (Crosscut Saw Photography)
- W.A. Williams (The Reverend Billy Rose!!!)