Moonlighting in pharmaceutical marketing to pay the bills, Rob finds his passion with his family and music. At the age of 15 Rob was influenced by Kiss and purchased his first guitar. He never looked back. From there he formed a few bar bands while attending high school and college in New Jersey. He even played in his church’s folk group for 7 years!
His love of hard rock/heavy metal music and guitar collecting soon became an obsession. Buying, taking apart and rebuilding guitars (and sometimes getting them to work) consumed him. As life happens and as his career in pharmaceutical advertising/marketing grew, the dreams of stardom faded away.
Years later a family is created, a house is bought, a daughter is born, and a guitar collection sadly collects dust. The passion of music is still strong, but a new passion is created from the ashes of old rock’ n’ roll dreams with photography.
Where guitar playing started in 1980 with Kiss, an opportunity in 2004 arises to photograph them at Madison Square Garden for international magazine and website – Rock Tribune. A new obsession is born. With an eye on creativity through the lens his pen drives the juices to review the shows.
Opportunity arises from another publication and website – FURY ROCKS as a correspondent and photographer. With a can do attitude and the idealism that it doesn’t hurt to ask, Rob starts interviewing band members and photographing shows from Aerosmith to Bon Jovi and Judas Priest to Van Halen.
Rob has now found a new home to fuel his obsession of music, guitars, and photography at Guitar International, as a proud staff writer.
Contact Rob Cavuoto by Email at email@example.com
- Brad Whitford of Aerosmith Talks About Music From Another Dimension
- Steve Vai: Unraveling the Secrets of the Universe
- A Match Made in Hell: KISS and Motley Crue the Tour to End All Tours
- Bret Michaels at the 2012 Quick Chek Balloon Festival
- Poison – Talk Dirty to Me New Jersey…
- Def Leppard Review
- Billy Duffy of The Cult – Choice of Weapon Has Connected with All the Cult Fans
- Rob Zombie Interview
- Zakk Wylde Interview
- Alice Cooper Interview
- Ted Nugent Interview
- Rick Allen (Def Leppard) Interview
- Joe Satriani Chickenfoot Interview
- Ted Nugent Interview II
- Stephen Pearcy Interview
- Mark Tremonti Interview
- Phil Collen Interview
- David Coverdale Interview
- Steve Vai Interview
- Black Veil Brides Interview
- George Lynch Interview
- Vivian Campbell Interview
- Gene Simmons Punisher II Bass Review
- Duff McKagan Interview
- Nikki Sixx Interview
- Steve Stevens Interview
- Glenn Tipton Interview
- Lemmy Interview
- Geoff Tate Interview
- Eric Johnson Interview
- Rob Halford Interview
- Nils Lofgren Interview